Stepped Bottom Design
#1 - Stepped Bottom Design
The new stepped bottom provides benefits for both the Mash Tun and Boil Kettle:
MT: Supports the Spike Brewing 2 stage false bottom which makes a 360° seal along the bottom; no Silicone gasket needed. 99.9% grain filtering efficiency!
BK: Hop material will collect in the bottom dome section making it easier to filter off clear wort.
#2 - 2 Stage False Bottom
- All stainless design; no Silicone gasket to make a seal
- Low profile design; extremely low (<.3gal) dead space underneath
- Best filtering on the market due to dual stage design; 99.9% grain filtering efficiency
Stage 1: Top plate filters through optimally engineered sized laser cut slits
Stage 2: Bottom ring supports the grain weight while also filtering the wort again before it reaches the pickup tube.
#3 - Tri-Clad Bottom
The bottom of the kettle is made of a stainless - aluminum - stainless sandwiched core. This provides many benefits:
- Induction capable
- Aluminum layer evenly distributes heat along the entire bottom; not just the area directly above the flame.
- Sits 100% flat; unlike stamped bottom kettles which tend to rock a bit as the bottom is flat.